Shahrukh Khan banned from Wankhede Mumbai | Drunken Misbehave

Shahrukh Khan banned from Wankhede, Mumbai . Drunken Misbehave.

Bollywood superstar and Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner Shah Rukh Khan faces a five years ban by the Mumbai Cricket Association from entering Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium. He allegedly turned up drunk and involved in an ugly spat with a few MCA officials on Wednesday night after the IPL match which Kolkata Knight Riders beat Mumbai Indians at the stadium.

Shahrukh Khan banned from Wankhede Mumbai due to drunken misbehave
Shahrukh Khan banned from Wankhede Mumbai due to drunken misbehave

SRK has denied the allegations, and said he had gone to the stadium to pick up his children but found that stadium officials were “manhandling” them.

“I wasn’t drunk. It is wrong to say I was under the influence of alcohol.  pick up my children. The officials were extremely aggressive. I just got angry but I left after that. I said a few things in anger. I was one and they were 20-25 officials and they were extremely rude. When I tried to answer them, they hid behind others. I was being bullied. Banning my entry to the Wankhede will not make a difference to my life.”

“They should apologies to me. My only clarification is they should look into their association and learn how to behave. Under the garb of security rules they cannot behave highhandedly with people and especially with children. You can’t physically manhandle children. They manhandled little girls.”

“I think my behavior was completely right.  We would never, ever be abusive and disrespect the audience. It started when a gentleman came from behind and started abusing me in Marathi. I asked him to speak in Hindi.”

“The way the security came and pushed the little girls was completely wrong. They were aggressive so I became aggressive back. I think they behaved extremely irresponsibly. I stand by what I did. My behavior was completely correct.”

“They MCA officials need to behave better – not only with celebrities but with normal people also. ”

“It is very easy to take on a celebrity and say what you want to. There was nothing illegal, I was not on the pitch. I know the rules.”

Assistant Commissioner of Police Iqbal Shaikh agreed that the actor was drunk and said police were looking into the matter.

“Shahrukh was drunk. He was smelling of alcohol but he was not drinking at the Wankhede stadium. But it is not an offence. He was also abusing and threatening the MCA and BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) officials,” said Sheikh.

As the controversy swirled, IPL Chairman Rajiv Shukla said a decision would be taken only after getting the versions of all those involved.

“So far no decision has been taken on the ban,” Shukla, who is also vice president of BCCI, said in New Delhi. He added that he would be talking to the MCA as well as Khan.

The Mumbai Cricket Association Managing Committee now says that will take a decision on the proposed ban next week.

 

Listen to the audio from the incident:

Sorry, you need to install flash player to see this content.

 

Bollywood superstar and Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner Shah Rukh Khan faces a lifetime ban by the Mumbai Cricket Association Shah Rukh Khan drunk

 

Sorry, you need to install flash player to see this content.

Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan banned in IPL


Share It!

Aditi Sangita Aditi Sangita

What Next?

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Submit Comment